Let's do great things together! 🎉
Hello new friend and business partner 👋
Here’s everything you need to know about working with us:
We’re all about promoting small local businesses with a strong focus on unique, creative, hand-made, ethical and sustainable products.
If you have a business that’s a good match, you can now get your products and services listed on our Shop Local page.
The Shop Local page helps customers in finding dog-friendly products from Aussie businesses that can’t be found in your average pet shop. It’s easy to filter for just the right product, and customers then purchase directly from you by clicking through to your preferred point of sale (typically your website or social media account).
We currently offer this service for a simple $60 yearly admin fee which gets you up to three listings. You’ll also get a tax receipt from us to claim this as an advertising expense at the EOFY.
Note that we strictly only accept businesses that are a good fit. If that sounds like something you’re interested in, please fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch with you in no time!
Have a scroll past the form below to read more about frequently asked questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have a question that’s not answered below, please reach out via our contact page.
How will this benefit me?
It depends on your business and your goals, but here are some examples:
- You’ll get more eyes on your products in the great company of other like-minded brands.
- If you don’t have a business website (e.g. if you sell through Etsy or social media), you can increase your reach through SEO by having a listing on our website. (To give an example, if you google “linen dog collar” you’ll notice a Dogs of Australia product listing in the search & image results. Through our product listing, interested customers can click through to Nala & Paws Etsy shop to buy directly from her)
How much monthly traffic do you get and how many sales can I expect?
We’re working on a fully transparent, ethical business, but we haven’t been around long enough to be able to share strong historic data with you at this stage.
We reflect this in our pricing and it’s one of the key reasons of why we’re currently only charging an admin fee to create your listings. To give you some indicators however, so far we’ve exceeded our monthly traffic expectations every month, we have a double-digit monthly growth rate, and our conversion rate is above industry standards.
Are there any other fees?
No. The $60 admin fee gets you up to three listings on our Shop Local page for a period of 12 months. You can add more listings at $20 per listing, but all product listings must be a good fit and are subject to editorial approval. There is no sales commission, and no monthly fees or other hidden costs. We plan to re-adjust our pricing in the future based on data-insights, however there will never be any surprises when working with us, as we communicate openly.
I don’t have a website, is that a problem?
Not at all, we can link out to your social media account if that’s your preference.
Ok, so how does this work in practice?
- You fill out the form above
- We review your business and products to make sure we’re a good fit
- If we are, you’ll receive an e-mail with further instructions for the listing details + an invoice
- You pay the invoice and send us your listing details (product description, images, and link to your point of sale)
- We create the listing(s) for you within 7 days after your invoice has been paid
- You review the listing(s) and we make final changes if required
- If a customer is interested in what you’re offering, they click through directly to your point of sale. We don’t hold your customer data hostage or take any sales commission.
What happened to your Marketplace / Wholesale?
Prior to linking out to your point of sale directly, we used to offer wholesale & marketplace partnerships.
We still have some of those listings active, but we’ve since learned that there are greater benefits for all parties involved if we link out directly to your point of sale. So, we decided to flip our approach upside down, and luckily that works great now!
What else can I expect?
Early bird freebies. You’ll get featured across our website content (see the product listings at the bottom of this page as an example), in our email newsletter, and on our socials at no extra cost, anytime your products are a good editorial fit.
What if I need to change the listing content?
If you discontinue the product, you can simply send us an e-mail to remove the product for you. We can also do a reasonable amount of product description changes if required, but we kindly ask you to keep your description as general as possible, to reduce workload for both you and us.
I have so many different products, which ones should I list?
It often makes sense to bundle them up by category. For example, let’s say you sell dog collars in 7 different styles. Rather than creating 7 individual listings, we can bundle them up in one.
So, you’d send us multiple images of different styles and a short description with some general information about your brand. Then, within that description, you tell interested customers to click the button below (linking to your point of sale) to learn more about detailed specifications.
Who are you?
A bunch of dog nerds with a passion for unique products from local businesses. We’re an Aussie business but we work fully remotely so that we can annoy our dogs all day. If you want to connect a face to Dogs of Australia, you’re looking for Jasmin.