The Spit Dog Beach is located a little up the coast from Main Beach on the Gold Coast. It’s one of just a few dog-friendly beaches in the area, and the locals love it for the freedom their furry friends have to run around and play off-leash.
What’s good about The Spit Dog Beach?
- Brilliant place to take your dog for some exercise and play
- Very clean considering that it’s a dog beach
- Lovely spot to watch the sunset
- A few small walks and rock holes to explore
- The council have put in dog bowls, water houses to wash down your dog and clean toilets
What’s not so good about The Spit Dog Beach?
- The area can get busy quickly, especially on weekends
#DogsOfAustralia at The Spit Dog Beach
What should you bring to the beach with you?
Here’s a list of items that you might want to consider packing for a day at the dog beach:
– Towel and water bowl for your pup
– Poop bags
– Sunscreen and sunhat
– A leash
– Treats to reward good behaviour
– A towel or mat to sit on
– Water bottle for yourself
– A ball or frisbee for some fetching fun
After a great morning at the Spit dog beach, why not check out some of the other dog-friendly beaches around the Gold Coast?
Palm Beach and Tallebudgera are also popular spots for dogs to have some beach fun. And don’t forget about all the amazing walking trails and parks where dogs are allowed – there are so many options for you and your pup to explore the incredible outdoors of South East Queensland.
And if you feel like a more relaxing activity, you can always spoil your dog with a Puppuccino from one of the many dog-friendly cafes around the Gold Coast. Happy adventuring!