Do you love space? Do you love dogs? If so, then this blog post is for you! In this post, we will be discussing 37 different space-themed dog names. Whether you are looking for a name for your new pet or just want to get inspired, we have got you covered. We will also discuss why choosing a space-themed dog name can be a great idea and how to pick the right name for your pup. So sit back, relax, and take a look at our list of amazing names for your new furry friend!
Why pick a space dog name?
Choosing a space-themed dog name can be a great way to show your love for both space and dogs. It can also be a great conversation starter, as people will often ask about the origin of your dog’s name. If you are looking for a unique and interesting name for your new pet, then consider one of the below 37 space-themed pet names 🙂
37 Space Dog Names
- Apollo – Named after the Apollo space program, which was the first to land humans on the moon.
- Asteroid – A small celestial body that orbits the sun.
- Atlas – The name of a Greek god who supported the world on his shoulders. It is also the name of a large satellite launched by NASA in 1960.
- Blast Off – The phrase used to describe the launch of a spacecraft.
- Celeste – French for “heavenly” or “of the sky”.
- Cosmos – The universe considered as a whole.
- Draco – A constellation in the northern sky. Its name means “dragon” in Latin.
- Eclipse – When one celestial body blocks the light from another.
- Galaxy – A large group of stars, gas, and dust held together by gravity.
- Hubble – The Hubble Space Telescope, named after American astronomer Edwin Hubble.
- Luna – The Roman goddess of the moon. Luna is also the name of Earth’s moon.
- Meteor – A small celestial body that burns up as it enters Earth’s atmosphere.
- Nebula – A cloud of gas and dust in space.
- Orion – A constellation visible in both the northern and southern hemispheres. Its name comes from a mythical hunter in Greek mythology.
- Phoenix – A mythological bird that is reborn from its own ashes. The Phoenix Mars mission was launched by NASA in 2007.
- Polaris – Also known as the North Star, Polaris is the brightest star in the constellation Ursa Minor.
- Radar – An acronym for “radio detecting and ranging”. Radar is used to detect objects and measure their distance from the radar transmitter.
- Satellite – A celestial body that orbits another larger body.
- Saturn – The sixth planet from the sun and the second-largest planet in our solar system.
- Space – The area beyond Earth’s atmosphere.
- Star – A luminous sphere of gas held together by its own gravity. Stars are the building blocks of galaxies.
- Supernova – The explosion of a star at the end of its life cycle. Supernovae are some of the most powerful events in the universe.
- Ziggy Stardust – The alter ego of British rock musician David Bowie. Ziggy Stardust is a fictional character who appeared in several of Bowie’s songs and albums.
We hope you enjoyed our list of 37 space-themed dog names. If you are looking for more inspiration, be sure to check out our other blog posts on pet names: