Rose Bay Beach is part of the Woollahra Municipal Council and is located northwest of Bondi Beach in Sydney. It’s a popular spot for dog owners because dogs are allowed off-leash at the Rose Bay Foreshore at all times, which is a rare find in the eastern suburbs of Sydney. The beach offers stunning views of the harbour and is a great spot for sunbathing and exercising with your furry friend.
What’s good about Rose Bay dog beach?
- A nice beach for walkies or having a picnic with your family
- Shallow waters for the first 10 meters which is great for smaller dogs
- Relatively quiet, considering that it’s a dog-friendly beach near the Sydney CBD
- Amazing views of Sydney (at all times of the day, but especially for sunsets)
What’s not so good about Rose Bay beach?
- Finding a close place to park the car can be a challenge
- It can get very windy at times
#DogsOfAustralia at Rose Bay Beach
Dog Beach Etiquette
To keep our beaches clean and to guarantee an inclusive, enjoyable experience for everyone, there are a few things to keep in mind when visiting a dog beach.
- Familiarise yourself with any council-specific rules about dogs. Here’s a link for the council that Rose Bay beach is a part of: Responsible Dog Ownership
- Don’t forget to pick up after your dog as well as yourself.
- Your off-leash dog needs to be within your sight and under your effective voice control at all times.
- Ensure your dog’s vaccinations, worming and flea treatments are up to date.
- Always ask the owner of unfamiliar dogs if your dog can approach their dog. Not all dogs want to play with other dogs.
- Have fun and communicate effectively.
What should you bring to the beach with you?
Here’s a list of items that you might want to consider packing for a day at the dog beach:
– Towel and water bowl for your pup
– Poop bags
– Sunscreen and sunhat
– A leash
– Treats to reward good behaviour
– A towel or mat to sit on
– Water bottle for yourself
– A ball or frisbee for some fetching fun
Where is Rose Bay Beach?
Rose Bay beach is in Sydney’s eastern suburbs. It’s located northeast of Bondi beach and there’s also a ferry stop nearby.
Can you swim at Rose Bay Beach?
Rose Bay beach is a popular spot for dogs to swim due to the often shallow water, however, this also makes it unsuitable for humans to go for a swim 🙂
Is Rose Bay on the Northern Beaches?
No, Rose Bay is not on the Northern Beaches. It’s part of the Woollahra Municipal Council and is located northwest of Bondi Beach. The Northern Beaches are located north of Sydney’s CBD and include popular beaches such as Manly Beach and Freshwater Beach.
After a day at the beach, why not grab some food and drink at one of the nearby dog-friendly cafes? Or take your furry friend for a walk along the foreshore pathway to enjoy more of the stunning harbour views. Rose Bay is also a popular spot for sailing, so you might even see some boats on the water. Happy exploring!