Disclosure: Dogs of Australia is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we sometimes earn an affiliate commission at no added cost to you. Learn more
Finding a greyhound harness in Australia can be a bit tricky, which is why we put together this handy article and regularly update it.
Greyhounds are sighthounds (type of dog) and have a very distinct physique.
They have a light, lean head, a skull that’s relatively long in comparison to its breadth, an elongated muzzle, and short fur.
In other words, because of how deep their chests are, many regular dog harnesses aren’t a good fit for grey’s.
It can be hard to find a suitable greyhound harness, and many dog owners end up getting one custom made, or giving up entirely and sticking to greyhound collars.
But sometimes a harness is a better option than a collar. For example when leash-training is proofing to be more challenging than expected, or when your grey has a strong desire to bolt after small prey while you’re out on a walk.
So, let’s look at some harnesses that you can buy, which are either entirely made for greyhounds, or are recommended by other greyhound owners as a good fit for the breed. We’ll start with Australian options, and then move on to harnesses you can buy from overseas, that offer shipping to Australia.
Hand-made Greyhound Harness (Melbourne)
- Fully adjustable at the chest and leg area
- All stress points are double triple stitched
- Available in puppy sizes, all the way up to XXL
- Hand-made in Melbourne, Victoria
- From $40, check Etsy for the latest price
Anti Escape Greyhound Harness
- Pressure-free, anti-escape harness
- Stylish honey mustard colour
- Custom made to your dog’s dimensions
- From $130.57, check Etsy for the latest price
- Ships from Poland with free delivery at the time of writing this article
Greyhound safety harness
- Anti-escape safety system in the abdominal area
- Double seams with quadruple double stitch, to reinforce the closures of each strap
- From $83.70, check Etsy for the latest price
- Ships from Spain
Fleece-lined Greyhound Harness
- Specially shaped to fit around a Sighthounds body
- Soft on the neck as it’s made with flannel and nylon webbing
- From $29.39, check Etsy for the latest price
- Ships from the UK
Looking for a matching leash? Check out this article: 27+ Unique Australian Dog Leashes For All Occasions