Greyhound dogs and Whippets have a special physique due to their breed. They are sighthounds, which means that they hunt primarily by sight and speed, rather than scent.
Due to their breed, the heads of Greyhounds and Whippets are generally smaller than their necks, so they can slip out of regular collars easily.
Also, Greyhounds and Whippets aren’t very furry, and the less fur a dog has around their neck, the wider the collar should be to protect their sensitive throat and skin.
That’s why there are special Greyhound collars. And Whippet collars.
Unfortunately they can be hard to find in pet retail shops.
You can often buy them locally at Farmers Markets or through your rescue organisation.
Below we show you some greyhound and whippet collars that you can buy online.
Long Dogs Australia Martingale Collar
- 6 Greyhound / Whippet inspired designs
- Strong internal webbing for durability
- 2 sizes (Greyhound / Whippet), both are 1.5 inches (3.8cm) wide
- Ships from Victoria
- From $27.99 – Check latest price
Sunflower Greyhound Collar
- Available in different styles and sizes
- Extra-strong Australian-made poly webbing
- Ships from Queensland
- From $32 – Check latest price
Martingale Dog Collar
- The perfect walking collar for pointy sighthound companions
- Available in a wide range of colours, styles and sizes
- Custom sizing available
- Featuring a strong polypropylene core and quality hardware
- Ships from Queensland
- From $35 – Check latest price
Bollywood Greyhound Collar
- Pink & green martingale collar with silk tassel
- Different styles available
- 5cm wide
- Soft pink polysatin lining
- Ships from New South Wales
- From $45 – Check latest price
Australian Floral Whippet Collar
- Lots of beautiful designs available
- Available in three sizes (Greyhound, Whippet, Italian Greyhound)
- Ships from Australia
- From $21.25 – Check latest price
Leather Sighthound Collar
- This stylish tan brown leather greyhound and whippet collar is made from premium full-grain Italian leather
- Treated with a blend of oils and beeswax to ensure as it ages with your pet
- Available in 9 colours and 3 sizes
- The leather is 100% vegetable dyed (better for the environment and your dog)
- Ships from the UK
- From $75 – Check latest price
Lastly, if you’re looking for a matching leash, you may like this article: 27+ Unique Australian Dog Leashes For All Occasions